Employ + Ability Class
The Employ + Ability Skills Class/Program's curriculum encompasses the following topics:
- the exploration and development of a student's interests and aptitudes
- the qualities of exceptional employees
- activities related to making a good first impression
- completing a quality job application
- presenting their very best self in a job interview
- budgeting exercises
- critical thinking, effective communication, creative problem solving, cooperative effort, responsibility, goal establishment and leadership.
Additionally, the Employ + Ability Skills Class/Program makes weekly visits to local businesses to tour their facilities and conduct information-gathering interviews. On these visits, students learn first-hand what it is like to work in such a field and hear what employers are looking for and expect from their employees.