All children need to be age eligible (4 years by September 1st) to qualify. If a child turns four between September 2nd and December 1st, they may be considered for placement however priority will be given to those age eligible by September 1st.
The program is free and income level will be the primary factor needed for determining eligibility and prioritization for enrollment of children who live in families at or below 250% Federal Poverty Level.
Any child from a family above 250% Federal Poverty Level will be required to pay tuition based on a sliding scale fee.
Eligiblity Factors include:
- Diagnosed disability or developmental delay
- Severe or challenging behavior
- Primary home language other than English
- Parent/guardian who did not graduate from high school
- Abuse/neglect of child or parent
- Environmental risk such as parental loss due to death, divorce, incarceration, military service, or absence
Programs maintain a 1:8 ratio as required by the State of Michigan and are run by highly qualified and certified teachers.
Classes meet Monday through Thursday at all locations. Times vary from one district to another.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in preschool for the current or upcoming school year, please contact either Brenda Vronko at 231-898-1545 or Chasity Gouker at 231-898-1548 to determine which location would best meet your family's needs. An application is required along with additional information. For a listing of GSRP locations, click here.