This course will provide an overview of the Criminal Justice System to include: Law Enforcement, Courts, Prosecution, Corrections, and Juvenile Justice. The student will experience simulations and practical laboratory work in finger prints, health and fitness requirements, basic CPR and Standard First Aid Training, Crime Scene Investigation, Law Enforcement Information Network (LEIN) operation, traffic operation (including accident re-construction and vehicle stops), the study of controlled substances and mock trials. Field trips may include visits to local courts, a prison, a county jail and a 911 center. Guest speakers will be utilized to present criminal justice vocational options and real life applications of classroom information.
Colleges for Articulation
West Shore Community College, Ferris State University, Baker College- Muskegon, Davenport University and Kirtland University.
- Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- First Aid
- Emergency Telecommunications Dispater
- Police Officer
- Parole/Probation Officer
- DNR Officer
- Basic Math
- Basic Writing
- Interpersonal Communication
- Ability and willingness to participate in a structured physical fitness program
- Willingness to participate in numerous scenarios
- No misdemeanor or felony convictions
- Drug free and acceptable background